The ideas behind SleepLab
”There is no such thing as a ‘best bed’. There is, however, a bed or a mattress that is perfectly suited to each and everyone’s needs”, says Roland Schylit, Executive Vice President of Hilding Anders.
We all have different sleeping habits and preferences. Just take a look at these different sleeping positions. They differ both on an individual as well as on a cultural level – for example, people from Asia generally prefer hard beds, while Scandinavians choose the softer box spring beds.
These insights serve as a foundation for Good Night’s SleepLab. Our overarching objective with the test facility is to create a guidance system for both consumers and retailers.
In other words, we’ve moved away from the idea that one single product could meet everyone’s requirements and be considered universally “best”. We like to look at it from another angle. There can be a product that meets the needs and requirements of each individual.
In collaboration with the AEH Institute in Switzerland, our products will be rigorously analyzed, tested and – in the end – certified in Good Night’s SleepLab.
The test results will be used as guidance for consumers in stores – and they naturally serve as a help for the sales staff too.The retailer material will include:
- AEH seal and sticker – an “AEH Swiss Approved” badge, confirming that it has been certified by the test centre.
- AEH certificates – detailed information on the test results and how the product “scored” in the four different dimensions.
- Product hang tag with test results in brief and QR code for more detailed information.
- Display with a description of the AEH test procedure.
- Consumer brochure with comprehensive information.
- Training brochure, to be used internally by retailers.
- Webpages featuring test results and information about the test procedure.
Read more about our SleepLab ideas in this article.